07 March 2011

Hop on Pop

I admit, we got Makani hooked on watching some "Sesame Street" at night before bedtime. Don't get me wrong, "Sesame Street" is pretty fun and educational, but it was never my intention to let him get hooked on TV so early. What can I say? It was easy.

Weak moment, no more, though. Finally found a few books that are great for bedtime reading and I'm happy to say that we've weaned him off the nightly youtube clips and switched him to books. He loves it! I thought it was going to be more work, but it's less. And the best part of it is that his babble has turned into some pretty advanced sounds - now we're actually encouraging his speech, vocabulary and interest in literature. I'm so proud! Of us, as parents, really, for making the switch. And of Mak, for being cool with and loving it.

It's a great feeling when you make those little decisions as parents that really pay off in the long run.

Much Love,
The Dolfos

No comments:

Post a Comment