03 July 2011

THUMP!

At about twelve weeks, I started to feel the little flutters. I first felt Makani flutter in my belly at 13 weeks, so I knew it would happen around this time. Well last night, Brad and I went to a wedding. It was a lot of fun, very busy, very loud. I'm sitting there talking and all of a sudden I feel a *JAB*! I'm thinking to myself, it must be a ligament that just needed to readjust itself. About twenty minutes later, I was sitting absolutely still and *JAB* again!

I sat there pretty shocked at the sharp thumping coming from a supposedly small, small being that I had only felt flutter like a little butterfly. I'm 15 weeks now. Jabbing isn't unlikely, but here I thought i would happen gradually. Nope. This kid has other plans. I was pretty hungry, so it felt as if Baby was elbowing me, saying, MOM! Feed me! As soon as dinner was served, I happily obliged! THEN, I felt some happy *JAB*s, too! I tried to get Brad's hand so he could feel it, but they were so few and far in between, and unpredictable, that he kept missing it. But soon, it'll be easier for him. He's so excited to feel Baby moving. :)

I'm trying not to compare this pregnancy with my first, but it's challenging. I certainly find this one easier. Less worries, less of "oh my god what was that i need to call the doctor", less rush. It's nice. I also have Makani here with me this time. He's a strong source of motivation for me. A reminder everyday how much all this is worth it, and how blessed I am to be able to grow a baby. His hugs and kisses certainly keep me calm and centered. He makes me laugh daily, and he keeps me on my feet, and his constant eating has me constantly eating, too. It's been a great fifteen weeks now. Twenty-five to go!

Much love,
The Dolfos

1 comment:

  1. Very happy for you! And am glad to go along this journey with you too. I love getting texts from you. You were there along my pregnancy as well, and when we have our next baby, I'm sure it'll be interesting to kind of compare that pregnancy to Isabelle's too. I'm looking forward to the birth story! =)

    ReplyDelete