28 February 2011

February 28

So sometimes, I just can't break away to get to my computer. That's okay with me, though, because I have been soaking up every bit of my boy as I can... I don't know what or why or how, but it just hit me this past weekend how much and fast he's growing. I can't stop hugging him, kissing him, tickling him, talking to him or being talked to by him.

Well, we did give him his first real haircut, and he's looking much less like a baby and much more like a boy. I may be trying to hang onto the baby... Or really, it feels more like staying in the present, or staying present. One of those. I want to be there for those transitions and milestones. His babbling is sounding more and more like actual sentences, His fine motor skills have improved to the point where he can pick his nose, and color pretty well (not at the same time... yet).

I guess I've just noticed Makani is growing up a bit more and I wanted to relish this time and reassure him that I'm here. Whenever he needs a hug, or has a tantrum, or learns something new, or wants to show off, or just wants to talk to me... I'm here. That's my job, isn't it, as his mom? :)

We should all do that for each other. The world might be a better place.

Much Love,
The Dolfos

No comments:

Post a Comment