23 February 2011

Swim!

So way back when, we decided that Brad would be the one to share swim lessons with Makani. I'm not crazy about the water, and I didn't want to instill any of that "dislike" to Mak, so we thought it would be best if the more enthusiastic parent share that with him. Plus, I'm with him all day, it's nice that the boys get their own thing to bond over.

Brad had a job tonight (he's an interpreter) so it was my FIRST time ever getting in the water with Mak. I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Mak seemed to really enjoy me being in there with him, he's such a spunky water kid! Splashing and laughing and silly and diving... the fun was endless. :)

I see now the importance of at least once in a while showing some interest in your kids' hobbies. I'll never be crazy about swimming and water, but I see how happy Mak was to see ME, his MOM, sharing something special with him. He really is passionate about his swim lessons. He can hold his breath like a pro! He's also incredibly fearless. Absolutely no qualms about deep ends or diving. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this guy come summertime.

I was happy, as I always am, to see that huge smile on my son's face. And to know I had a big part in that.

Much Love,
The Dolfos.

No comments:

Post a Comment