27 January 2013

The Flu hits.

Sounds like a bad TV movie, but no. The flu hit our household hard. It started with Makani on Saturday night (not the recent one, but two weeks ago). No appetite, not his usual self, and a fever. He spent all Sunday, Monday and some of Tuesday with a fever, too. I hate seeing my little man so down. I tried to get him to eat, but no dice. So it was lots and lots of fluids (with some mashed potatoes in between). 


Also, lots of movie watching. Ellie remained unscathed, and I was crossing my fingers that it would stay that way. Mak also took a four hour nap. It was glorious. 




He stayed this way for a few days. Then came the fun part, phlegm and cough. But before I could blink, Ellie started being crabby, then HER fever hit. 

Thank goodness for babywearing! 

Thankfully, I have the best mom ever. She came to take my energetic three year old so I could mostly sit on the sofa cuddled with baby like this:


I was signed up to run a half marathon on Jan 20th, so I was hoping that I wouldn't get sick, too! But it's so hard to stay healthy when your babies are tag teaming you with their sickness, and you're not getting enough sleep. Lo and behold, the flu caught me the Friday before my race. 

That's a different blog post, though. So I'll be back in a few days with that story. 

Much Love. 


1 comment: